Our 'Focus on NUTRITION' month continues, with once again episodes from the Sports Therapy Association Podcast being uploaded here to Runchatlive as nutrition is obviously a tpic of relevance to runners & professionals who work with runners. If you want to join the live recordings, head to The Runchatlive Facebook Page or Sports Therapy Association YouTube Channel every Tuesday at 8pm (GMT+1).
In this episode, the subject is 'Food Intolerance', with special guest Dr Gill Hart, BSc (Hons), PhD, Cert Mgmt (Open), FIBMS. Dr Gill Hart is a leading UK Biochemist, an expert on food intolerance and a credible and respected authority on a range of related issues, with over twenty years experience in the development and clinical evaluation of diagnostic tests.
As Scientific Director at YorkTest Laboratories ,a leading provider of food intolerance tests and food allergy tests for 40 years, Gill regularly gives talks and lectures on food intolerance at Universities, Colleges, trade shows and consumer events. She also provides guidance for those choosing diagnostic tests with her ‘What makes a good diagnostic test’ checklist, and has written many articles in scientific journals and consumer magazines.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The history of food intolerance testing and how YorkTest became the UK’s leading food intolerance, allergy and home health testing company.
- The difference between an allergy and a food sensitivity
- The prevalence of food intolerance worldwide and in the UK
- Different types of food intolerance and the tests available
- Symptoms of food intolerance
- Immunoglobulin G Tests - Why do we measure food-specific IgG antibodies in blood?
- IgG tests at YorkTesting - how blood is taken, how food-specific IgG reactions are measured, how results are collated
- A look at the evidence for food-specific IgG tests being effective
- How soft tissue therapists & practicioners can work alongside YorkTest, and how can tests be ordered
- YorkTest Website: yorktest.com
- YorkTest Practitioner Account Team:
Tel: 01904 410 410
- Facebook: @yorktestUK
- Twitter: @yorktestlabs
- Instagram: @yorktestUK
Our sincere thanks to Dr Gill Hart for giving up her time to be on the Podcast!
Please Support Our Podcast!
If you appreciate what we do on Runchatlive Podcast and the Sports Therapy Association Podcast, please take a couple of minutes to leave us a rating & review. It really does make all the difference in helping us reach out to a larger audience. iPhone users you can do this from your phone, Android users you will need to do it from iTunes.