Runchatlive - ’Putting EVIDENCE back into Running Injury & Performance.’ Runchatlive Podcast, part of website https://www.runchatlive.com/ exists to help RUNNERS of all levels, plus professionals who work with Runners (Coaches, Personal Trainers, Physios, Sports Therapists, etc.) discover evidence based strategies to treat running related injury, reduce injury risk and improve running performance. Host Matt Phillips is joined by internationally respected industry experts to help bring you the results that YOU need. You may also want to check out Matt’s other podcast: ’The Sports Therapy Association Podcast’, recorded LIVE every Tuesday at 8pm on the Sports Therapy Association YouTube channel.
Friday Feb 17, 2023
Friday Feb 17, 2023
Friday Feb 17, 2023
In Part 3 of our four part GAIT ANALYSIS special, guest Dr Izzy Moore, Associate Professor in Human Movement & Sports Medicine at Cardiff Metropolitan University, discusses what we should be focussing on when working with female runners, in order to to reduce risk of injury and maximise performance.
- Part 1 with Dr. Max Paquette, Associate Professor of the University of Memphis Human Performance
Center is available on all popular podcast apps and YouTube.
- Part 2 with Dr JF Esculier, Vice-President & Director of Research & Development at The Running Clinic.
- Part 3 with Dr Izzy Moore, Associate Professor in Human Movement & Sports Medicine at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Part 4: JOIN US LIVE Thursday March 2nd 8pm (GMT): Dr. Allison Gruber, Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at Indiana University Bloomington.
GAIT ANALYSIS COURSE IN MAY
If you are interested in starting a Gait Analysis service or updating it to be more evidence informed, podcast host Matt Phillips will be giving his course ‘Gait Analysis For Runners: A Modern Approach’ in May 2023.
• Two live ONLINE mornings - Saturday 6th & 13th May
• One IN PERSON full day - Saturday 20th May at The School in Exeter.
Full details at Runchatlive.com and The School Website.
Topics discussed with Dr Izzy Moore in this episode:
- 1:20 Details of all episodes of this Gait Analysis Series
- 2:15 Dr Izzy Moore - over a decade of running related research
- 6:40 Running Researchers that influenced Dr Izzy Moore: Dr Daniel Lieberman, Dr Irene Davis, Dr Allison Gruber
- 11:00 Hardware & software that Dr Moore uses at Cardiff University for running related research
- 14:20 Dr Moore's studies with Grainne Donnelly & Emma Brockwell 'Running During Pregnancy & Post Partum, Parts A & B' (2022)
- 22:30 The relationship of sex-specific kinematic variables & running economy
- 27:10 Should we be encouraging running form changes in female runners pursuing improved running performance?
- 33:00 Camille Herron: Interesting example of femoral anteversion
- 34:00 Sprint Mechanics vs Distance Running
- 36:30 The relationship of sex-specific kinematic variables & running injury
- 39:40 Spatiotemporal variables: Cadence and Step Length
- 48:20 Free Software: Predicting Optimal Gait Characteristics Spreadsheet (link below)
- 49:30 Breast Biomechanics
- 55:20 Follow Dr Izzy Moore on Twitter: @IzzyMoorePhD
- Twitter: @IzzyMoorePhd
- ResearchGate Dr Izzy Moore
- Download Link for 'Predicting Optimal Gait Characteristics Spreadsheet'
Our sincere thanks to Dr Izzy Moore for giving up her time to be a guest! Join us for Part 4 on Thursday March 2nd 8pm (GMT) with guest Dr. Allison Gruber, Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at Indiana University Bloomington.
Please Support Our Podcast!
If you appreciate what we do on Runchatlive Podcast, please take a couple of minutes to leave us a rating & review. It really does make all the difference in helping us reach out to a larger audience. iPhone users you can do this from your phone, Android users you will need to do it from iTunes.